After careful consideration, Paul Osborne wrote:
The White HOUSE is also for the President to manage his own personal
affairs. That is where he lives. It seems that some people on this list
don't believe in the right of privacy but think they OWN the lives of
government leaders lock, stock, and barrel.

Well you don't. The Senate has spoken
---

One of the things I like about you, Paul, is that we never have any trouble
telling where you stand.  I admire that in a person.  On this particular
issue we do not agree, but at least you have an opinion.

The way I feel about it, the Senate betrayed its country when it acquitted
Clinton of the impeachment.  Clinton wasn't being tried for naughty
behavior in the Oval Office, that was just prurient media hype for people
with dirty minds.  Rather he was tried for lying under oath and obstruction
of justice.  Both are felonies.  Both would mean serious prison time for
either you or I.  Yet the Senate acquitted him after admitting he was
guilty.  They said, "Yes, he is guilty of felony perjury and obstruction of
justice, but that isn't serious enough for an conviction.  It isn't "high
crimes and misdemeanors." They gave him a pass on criminal behavior.  I
never though I would live to see the day.

How did you like having a felon in the White House?  I didn't like it.  It
made me ashamed to be an American.  It wasn't Clinton that offended me.  It
was the American voter.  They didn't seem to care that their President was
a criminal. It means the people have lost all honor.  In our grandfather's
day I don't think it could have happened.  It shows that we are no longer a
virtuous people, if we ever were.

John W. Redelfs                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"When attacked by error, truth is better served by silence
than by a bad argument."  --Dallin Oaks