After careful consideration, Scott McGee wrote:
>I most streniously disagree with that. What he does in his bedroom (or
>any other private place) is not our business SO LONG AS IT IS NOT
>ILLEGAL. What he does in his office chair, office, or any other
>government location most definately IS our business. If he engaged in
>illegal sexual acts then it is our business. If he lied to congress
>concerning a valid investigation, then it was not only our business, but
>it became our responsibility to impeach him for it.

Because we are a democracy (actually a republic, but you know what I mean),
we are responsible for our government.  If it behaves badly, then it is our
fault.  We didn't have to elect someone who brings shame upon himself, his
office, our nation and ourselves.

Common sense should tell any voter that a man who lies, cheats, and steals
in his private life is going to do the same thing in his public life.  If
he breaks his covenants made to his wife by committing adultery, it is
unreasonable to suppose he will not break his covenants made with his
constituents or his nation.  An adulterer is a traitor to his wife and
family.  And if he is the President, he is a traitor to his nation.

We seem to forget that only a generation ago we would not have elected a
divorced man, much less a man who is unfaithful to his wife.  Ronald Reagan
was the first President that was divorced.

In my opinion the argument that a President's private life is nobody's
business is a wrong headed argument.  It is impossible to keep that private
life from spilling over into his public life.

After President Clinton's escapades with Monica Lewinsky, just how
seriously do you think other world leaders took him?  I'll bet they were
laughing up their sleeves.  And since representing our country is one of
the President's most important responsibilities, Clinton's private life was
very much our business.

In other words, Paul.  You and I are miles apart on this one.  But I'm glad
you have an opinion.  Too many people just don't care one way or the other.

John W. Redelfs                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"When attacked by error, truth is better served by silence
than by a bad argument."  --Dallin Oaks