John,
Thank you for the response. It doesn't appear that this is a topic of
general interest to this group so I won't belabor any points. I find it
somewhat humbling that after many years in the church, I find myself asking
such simple questions. I have been searching the scriptures in an attempt to
understand the answers to these and other questions. These are not the type
of questions you can ask in Sunday School without getting the 'look' from
the instructor and receiving the pat seminary answer.  I have begun
cataloging each scriptural reference for these terms and will attempt to
prayerfully extract the meanings for these: gentile, house of Israel, Jew,
remnant of Jacob, children of men, and others. Hopefully that will help me
understand how this all fits together.

You mention that Gileadi said that the members of the church were gentiles.
Was that the reason he was ex'ed? If so, that is not a safe area to tread
(which is a question in itself). I recently found a quote by BY stating
emphatically that we are of the house of Israel and a similar strong
statement by WW that we are the gentiles. For that reason, I am focusing on
the scriptures for a clarification.

Timing is another consideration in this whole thing. That is why I asked the
question regarding the fulness of the the gentiles. There are several
scriptural references that allude to the times of the gentiles and the
fulness of the gentiles. These seem to mean that there is a time when the
Lord will remember his covenant with the house of Israel and 'defocus' the
gentiles.

Your response certainly helps me to understand that I am not 'up in the
night' for asking these questions. There are some difficulties that come
from a lack of understanding of these topics. I feel a strong need to get to
an answer so that I may better understand the messages in the scriptures for
whatever label is applicable to me.

Noel