Paul:
Actually, the Chinese are not much of a world force even today in my
opinion. Not to offend anyone but their technology is flawed and I'll
tell you right now that they cannot even design a proper light bulb! I've
personally torn down Chinese made light bulbs and have compared them to
American made products. The Chinese don't know how to string a filament
on a par/reflector lamp let alone how far the filament should be from the
reflector disk which should be shiny and not brushed. There electrical
products are inferior and often don't even work on the first try or soon
thereafter. I doubt very much that Chinese made nuclear weapons would hit
their targets let alone make a successful launch. No need to fear the
Chinese.

Dan:
Most of their military equipment are knock-offs of the Soviet, which while
it isn't nearly as technologically advanced as ours, can be more than a
match if applied numerically; which they can easily do by the way. The main
reason they aren't much of a world power today is because they don't have
the reach that we have; but they are working on it, and have more than
enough manpower to make up for their technological shortfalls.
Their military equipment is also built to a much different quality
requirement than their commercial stuff - just like ours. They do have the
technical know-how to build electronic equipment correctly - they just
don't "waste" it on commercial stuff.