No, it isn't a straw man. It is exactly my point. Just where does a
mortal being draw the line between what is a 'true' Christian and what
isn't? Your definition keeps shifting on me. You said it was someone who
fully followed Christ and his living prophets. Yet, King Benjamin told us
that none of us are worthy servants in and of ourselves. Does it just
mean being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost? or What?
If one doesn't have to be perfectly following the prophets, then what
determines that line you are trying to make?

Obviously, it is a line that we cannot set in stone, for it is different
for each individual, given the amount of truth and light given to that
person. It is on the same basis of evangelists trying to define LDS as
not being Christians. They are wrong, not because we are different than
they, but because it is not up to them to define what a Christian is.
That is reserved to God.

My definition of a 'true' Christian, is one who seeks his/her best to
follow Christ and good works (including those who have not yet learned of
Jesus or the fulness of the gospel). This is a person who listens to the
Light of Christ (or Holy Ghost for members) and seeks to follow it. This
is a person who repents when he/she realizes sin.

We are told not to judge by Jesus. That doesn't mean we aren't to
determine between right and wrong, but we aren't the ones to determine
who will enter into heaven and who will not. That is God's job. That also
tells me that it isn't up to me to decide what God accepts as a 'true
Christian.'

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

JWR:
Here you are committing two errors in your logic.  First, you are taking
my
position to an extreme that I never intended.  Second, you are setting up
straw man in doing so by assuming something that I never said.  I never
said that a person had to follow the prophets perfectly to be a true
Christian.

When a person rejects the authorized messengers whom the Savior has sent,

he is rejecting the Savior.  It is the same.  Who are these authorize
messengers?  I speak of our missionaries, prophets and apostles.

John W. Redelfs

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com