Tim Peters wrote:
I changed it just now on the trunk, to:

    _p_oid = Attribute(
        """The object id.

        It is up to the data manager to assign this.
        The special value None is reserved to indicate that an object
        id has not been assigned.  Non-None object ids must be non-empty
        strings.  The 8-byte string '\0'*8 (8 NUL bytes) is reserved to
        identify the database root object.
        """)

Ok then I guess this comment in Connection doesn't apply anymore:

# It sucks that we have to hold the lock to read _invalidated.
# Normally, _invalidated is written by calling dict.update, which
# will execute atomically by virtue of the GIL.  But some storage
# might generate oids where hash or compare invokes Python code.  In
# that case, the GIL can't save us.

Florent