Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

What I find interesting is that Python has had such a thing for about a decade (the ZODB), and a mostly vaporware announcement in the Ruby world makes such a splash.

That's because most things Zope are not very good with PR.

Smart people are usually very demanding with themselves, which leads to the bad pattern of not advertizing our good stuff because it is not perfect.

Time to change our patterns, and advertize stuff before they are perfect ;-)

I don't need explanations of *why* we're not doing PR. I don't see the explanations as necessary in order to change the situation. It just takes a few people to step up and do the actual PR. The best PR at this point is a good collection of documentation in a site that looks like one for a serious open source project.

Lots documentation on the ZODB is available, scattered around the web. Let's gather it into one place for starters.

So, please, someone actually do something about this rotten situation? Finally? Please? Please?

Regards,

Martijn

P.S. This is not a complaint to all the people who are doing something. We just need a bit of effort from some more people to get this done.