I encounter a pretty perplexing issue with using ZFS dataset in zones
on S10u2 on a Sun x4100.

I set up my zone in a zfs filesystem (say pool/solarisC) and inherit
the dataset pool/solarisC/dataset.

The zone occassionally gives me:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# zfs create pool/solarisC/dataset

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# zfs list -r pool/solarisC
NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
pool/solarisC         23.4M  35.7G  81.5M  /zones/solarisC
pool/solarisC/dataset  24.5K  35.7G  24.5K  /zones/solarisC/dataset

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# zoneadm -z solarisC boot
cannot verify zfs dataset pool/solarisC/dataset: mountpoint cannot be inherited
zoneadm: zone solarisC failed to verify

But if I set the mountpoint to something else and then back to
/zones/solarisC/dataset, the zone boots and gets the dataset.

The zonecfg is as follows:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# zonecfg -z solarisC info
zonepath: /zones/solarisC
autoboot: false
pool:
inherit-pkg-dir:
       dir: /lib
inherit-pkg-dir:
       dir: /platform
inherit-pkg-dir:
       dir: /sbin
inherit-pkg-dir:
       dir: /usr
inherit-pkg-dir:
       dir: /opt
net:
       address: 172.18.183.45
       physical: e1000g0
dataset:
       name: pool/solarisC/dataset

I wonder if I am doing anything wrong.  Also, why the difference in behaviour?

--
Just me,
Wire ...