Brad,
I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5461/6n7ht6qsm?a=view
lists the ways that are possible, if you want to bring a global Zones ZFS into
a zone

1. Look for "Adding ZFS File Systems to a Non-Global Zone" and please note the text in the comment after that !

2. Another way would be to just create a loopback mount into a zone.
e.g.: mount global-zone:/zoneshare in a zone as local-zone:/zoneshare

in zonecfg:
add fs
set type=lofs
set dir=/zoneshare
set special=/zoneshare
set options=rw

I assume you mean 1., but 2. also works.

Detlef