Steve Zinck wrote:

On 1/9/07, *Dave Bevans* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    I have a customer using SOL 10 1/06 on a development box, needs to
    control Hardware resource allocation for software licensing.  Wants
    to create container/zone, with a separate /var.  Also wants to know
    about shared packages for creating minimal or sparse zone. Using
    VxVM and Vxfs, needs

    to know if using vxvm vxfs in non-global zone causes any issues.

    Does anyone have any information on this.

I can't speak to the VxVM / Vxfs but creating a sparse zone is as simple as using 'create -b' instead of the usual 'create' in zonecfg.

zonecfg creates sparse by default.
the -b is only for whole root zone creation, effectively -b says create a blank configuration, such that it does not have the default inherited pkg dirs.
so create -b will always give a whole root zone.

Enda

Take a look at http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2450/6mhahuokl?a=view for resource capping. We use it for software (Oracle) licensing reasons as well, to limit a particular zone to 4 CPUs.

Steve