Hi Robert,

Robert Milkowski wrote:
> Hello Russ,
>
> Thursday, August 9, 2007, 2:09:43 AM, you wrote:
>

> Basically after zone is install and before you boot it, just change
> its state to ready (or mount) and then you proceed more or less like
> with finish script in a jumpstart.
>
> That's what I've been using for a long time - one script where you
> specify an inteface, ip, zonename and then it installs a zone, does
> all customization (users, site.xml, sshd config, etc.).
>
> The onlfy thing I don't like is that waiting to import all smf
> services on a first boot - if you're on zfs what I do sometimes is I
> disable ZIL which speeds it up quite a lot.

Doesn't cloning a zone take care of also importing the SMF manifests? I
think it does, and I remember thinking to myself "This is the best way
to configure multiple zones on a system".

I agree that the SMF import phase is the most time-consuming (and
boring) phase of zone administration :)

Cheers,
Zoram
--