Hi Huafeng ,

The zone manager project (and download links for the code)is here:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/zonemgr/

Thanks,
Russ

Huafeng Lu wrote:
Russ Petruzzelli 写道:
Is there a way to make a zone installation totally silent?

I use zonemgr to install, but at the end it says:

Copy completed.
Booting zone for the first time.
Waiting for first boot tasks to complete.

Then I "zlogin -C" into the zone and have to do the system
identification;  hostname, nameserver, kerberos, NIS, etc.

Is there an equivalent to the "sysinfo" file for zones to make it
'jumpstart' silent?

I haven't used the "zonemgr" script before (can you give me a link?), so I don't know what it does after zone installation and before zone booting, but to my experience, the point is to populate the /etc/sysidcfg file for the zone before booting it.

You can see the attached script that I'm using to see what's put in this file. I believe there are many other simliar scripts floating around on the web.

Thanks,
Russ

zonemgr script:

$ZONEMGR -a add -n $MYZONENAME -t w -z "$ZONEBASEDIR" \
             -P "xxx" -R / \
             -D "red.iplanet.com" \
             -d "mf-usca19-12" \
             -R "/|/bin/bash" \
             -s enable \
             -I "192.18.77.190|hme0|24|ps-eng8-zone1" \
             -C /etc/ssh/sshd_config -C /etc/resolv.conf \
             -C /etc/nsswitch.conf

END