On 9/18/07, sunnie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> it seems that very long ?
> anything else I can do to speed it?

Configure, install, boot, then halt one zone that serves as a good
base configuration.  The use "zoneadm clone".  Since you are on an
OpenSolaris list, I'm assuming that you are not running Solaris 10.
If this is the case and your template zone has a zonepath at the root
of a zfs file system, clones can be created in seconds.  The variant
of the code that I wrote[1] (which doesn't do sysidcfg) could do it in
less than a second on the slowest machine that OpenSolaris supports.

1. http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/2006/02/zone-created-in-0922-seconds.html

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/