On Tue 18 Sep 2007 at 11:06PM, sunnie wrote:
> After reading some material about zoneadm clone, it seems to me that
> such a fast zone creation requires the template zone to be on a zfs
> file system. However, if not, anything else can help  speed up
> installing zone? Especially, at present, my SUNOS only have a global
> zone.

By default /opt will be *copied* from the global zone.  If you want
it to be "sparse" instead (which means it will be a loopback, read-only
filesystem) then add an inherit-pkg-dir entry for /opt.  This will
usually significantly speed up installation, especially if you have
a lot of stuff in /opt.

        -dp