I'm not on zones-discuss, but this was forwarded to me.  It sounds like
you created a local print queue for your network attached printer in
your source zone.  When you clone that zone, the printers.conf file
entry in the new zone references the hostname of the source zone, so the
print commands try and contact the print service in the source zone
instead of the current zone.  You can fix this by configuring a queue
for your printer in the global zone (or on another system) and then
configuring access to the "remote" queue.

    -Norm