OK.  Here is what has happened:

I copied the sysidcfg file into etc directory.  Sysidcfg contains the following
lines:

timezone=US/Eastern
system_locale=C
terminal=vt100
network_interface=PRIMARY {hostname=zone1 dhcp protocol_ipv6=yes}
root_password=abc123
security_policy=none
name_service=DNS
nfs4_domain=dynamic

When I login using: zlogin -C zone1, it takes me to the initial screen of
configuration where I need to select a terminal. This tells me that sysidcfg
isn't working...

I also tried changing the "network_interface" to "vnic1" instead of "PRIMARY".
In that case, when I login, I get the prompt: (console login ... [etc]...).
Then it freezes. Nothing happens.  None of the commands work.  I have to close
the terminal window, and login to the server again.  This also messes up the
zone, which requires me to uninstall the zone, and reinstall it again.  I
really appreciate any type of help at this point.  BTW, the earlier thread
about the same topic didn't help me much...

Thanks,