Will Fiveash wrote:
 This is in the FAQ.

 http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zones/faq/#os

I wish the info was more detailed/explicit.  How do I use zones
attach/detach to do an image-update on the zone exactly?

# zoneadm -z myzone foo detach
# zoneadm -z myzone foo attach -u

Also I don't see anything in there on what I need to do if I want to
snapshot an existing zone in case I want to rollback the zone to the
state it was in prior to the image-update.

When you image-update the system that will happen automatically.
When you go back to an earlier global zone BE, then the earlier
zone BEs will automatically be used.  If you want to do something
like this independently of the global zone, then you have to
roll your own stuff.

Jerry