In message <4ce57afe.9070...@ianshome.com>, Ian Collins writes:
>I run through the upgrade process on a system with half a dozen zones
>and on restart, they all get locked into a core dump/restart loop:
>
>Nov 19 07:57:50 i7 genunix: [ID 729207 kern.warning] WARNING: init(1M)
>for zone webhost (pid 3094) core dumped on signal 12: restarting
>automatically
>
>They all run through this cycle in tight loops.

I saw this on one Express upgrade.

I usually halt, detach, image-update, and attach -u, but on my failed
update I neglected to detach the zone. Whoops.

I halted the zone, detached, and after some failed attempts to attach
with zoneadm discovered that there was ZFS clone of the zone's zbe.

I performed a zfs send -R of the source snapshot, destroyed the
source ZFS and the dependant clone, and restored the original zbe.

I was able to get the attach -u to subsequently worked.

Also, I sacrificed a chicken but not sure whether that helped.
John
groenv...@acm.org