On Tue 03 Jan 2012 at 12:23PM, John D Groenveld wrote:
> In message <201201031705.q03h5uwi000...@elvis.arl.psu.edu>, John D Groenveld
> wr
> ites:
> >My nightly backup consist of zone shutdown, detach, snapshot,
> >attach, boot.

FWIW, this is one of those cases where 'zoneadm attach -F' would
probably be reasonable.

> Here's the output from that cron:
> Progress being logged to
> /var/log/zones/zoneadm.20120101T021243Z.search-1.attach
> Attaching...
>     Installing: Using existing zone boot environment
>       Zone BE root dataset: rpool/var/zones/search-1/rpool/ROOT/zbe-3
>                      Cache: Using /var/pkg/publisher.
> Updating image format
>   Updating non-global zone: Linking to image /.
>   Updating non-global zone: Auditing packages.
> No updates necessary for this image.
>
>   Updating non-global zone: Zone updated.
>                     Result: Attach Succeeded.
> Log saved in non-global zone as
> /var/opt/zones/search-1/root/var/log/zones/zoneadm.20120101T021243Z.search-1.attach

Above was your last successful attach.  The failed attach starts here:

> Progress being logged to
> /var/log/zones/zoneadm.20120102T021110Z.search-1.attach
> Attaching...
>     Installing: Using existing zone boot environment
> Manual migration of export required.  Potential conflicts in
> /var/opt/zones/search-1/root/export and rpool/var/zones/search-1/rpool/export.

This error message is saying that it found two things that are supposed
to be mounted at /export.  Without understanding your zone configuration
and dataset layout, it is kind hard to know exactly what is going on.
Can you provide the following:

----------------%<---------------
zfs list -o name,mountpoint,canmount,mounted -r rpool/var/zones/search-1

zonecfg -z search1 info dataset
for ds in $(zonecfg -z z1 info dataset | nawk '$1 == "name:" {print $2}')
do
        echo Dataset: $ds
        zfs list -o name,mountpoint,canmount,mounted,zone $ds
done

zonecfg -z search1 info fs

Also, any details about changes in the zone configuration and/or package
updates since the previous successful backup would be helpful.

--
Mike Gerdts
Solaris Core OS / Zones                 http://blogs.oracle.com/zoneszone/