can you clarify what you are asking for? are you just looking for motivation? or are you trying to find out how to use it?

the myid file just has the unique identifier (number) of the server in the cluster. that number is matched against the id in the configuration file. there isn't much to say about it:

Ørjan Horpestad wrote:
Can someone pin-point me to a site (or please explain ) where I can
read about the use of the myid-file for configuring the id of the
ZooKeeper servers?
I'm sure there is a good reason for using this approach, but it is the
first time I have come over this type of non-automatic way for
administrating replicas.

Regards, Orjan