hi, Ted,

I am a little bit confused here.  So, is the node inconsistency problem that
Vishal and I have seen here most likely caused by configurations or embedding?

If it is the former, I'd appreciate if you can point out where those silly
mistakes have been made and the correct way to embed ZK.

Although I agree with your comments about the architectural issues that
embedding may lead to and we are aware of those,  I do not agree that embedding
will always lead to those issues.  In our case, we have a very simple
orchestration framework that starts various services according to our XML
configuration file since we need to start them in the right sequence.
Architecturally, this is just like writing a set of unix scripts to start ZK
and other services. The only difference is that we happen to implement it in
Java and XML.  In short, services coordinated by ZK do not embed ZK, the top
level orchestration layer does. The only potential problem I see here is that
we are running all those services in one JVM but this can be easily changed.
We are going to try to fork out ZK in a separate JVM that and see if it makes
any difference.

Dr Hao He

XPE - the truly SOA platform

h...@softtouchit.com