Am 26.06.2008 um 15:09 schrieb Flavio Junqueira:

> It looks like your client session is expiring. You can try
> increasing the session timeout value when creating the ZooKeeper
> object on your client. In any case, I would say it is good practice
> to have code on your client to deal with session expirations. Upon a
> session expiration, there is a call to your Watcher.process
> implementation indicating that it has expired.

It happens again now I found the follwoing in one of the server log
files:

Failed to update data in zookeeper      net.sf.katta.util.KattaException:
unable to check path: /katta/nodes/1
        at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:301)
        at net.sf.katta.node.Node$StatusUpdater.run(Node.java:730)
Caused by: com.yahoo.zookeeper.KeeperException: KeeperErrorCode =
ConnectionLoss
        at com.yahoo.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:357)
        at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:299)
        ... 3 more

Failed to update data in zookeeper      net.sf.katta.util.KattaException:
unable to check path: /katta/nodes/1
        at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:301)
        at net.sf.katta.node.Node$StatusUpdater.run(Node.java:730)
Caused by: com.yahoo.zookeeper.KeeperException: KeeperErrorCode =
SessionExpired
        at com.yahoo.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:357)
        at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:299)
        ... 3 more

The session is expired and I try now to catch this state with
event.getState() == Watcher.Event.KeeperStateExpired. Is there an
example how to renew the session or do I have to create a new
ZooKeeper object?

Bye,
martin.