From: Martin Schaaf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: zookeeper-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 4:07:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Zookeeper-user] Lost connection

Am 26.06.2008 um 15:09 schrieb Flavio Junqueira:

> It looks like your client session is expiring. You can try
> increasing the session timeout value when creating the ZooKeeper
> object on your client. In any case, I would say it is good practice
> to have code on your client to deal with session expirations. Upon a
> session expiration, there is a call to your Watcher.process
> implementation indicating that it has expired.

It happens again now I found the follwoing in one of the server log
files:

Failed to update data in zookeeper     net.sf.katta.util.KattaException:
unable to check path: /katta/nodes/1
    at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:301)
    at net.sf.katta.node.Node$StatusUpdater.run(Node.java:730)
Caused by: com.yahoo.zookeeper.KeeperException: KeeperErrorCode =
ConnectionLoss
    at com.yahoo.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:357)
    at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:299)
    ... 3 more

Failed to update data in zookeeper     net.sf.katta.util.KattaException:
unable to check path: /katta/nodes/1
    at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:301)
    at net.sf.katta.node.Node$StatusUpdater.run(Node.java:730)
Caused by: com.yahoo.zookeeper.KeeperException: KeeperErrorCode =
SessionExpired
    at com.yahoo.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:357)
    at net.sf.katta.zk.ZKClient.exists(ZKClient.java:299)
    ... 3 more

The session is expired and I try now to catch this state with
event.getState() == Watcher.Event.KeeperStateExpired. Is there an
example how to renew the session or do I have to create a new
ZooKeeper object?

Bye,
martin.