On May 4, 2005, at 3:54 , Chris McDonough wrote:
- bdb tends to need recovery from time to time and I'm not sure of the
  feasibility of filesystem-based Subversion repos, and CVS really
  doesn't have this issue.

That's one of the biggest reasons why I would not want to be involved in administering a SVN setup. CVS requires nearly no management for small projects like CMF, except for software upgrades once in a while. And those can be automated.

- If we put something in Subversion and keep something in CVS,
  merging becomes a chore.  All of the code should really be
  in one or the other.  The current state of the world wrt to
  Zope 2.7 in CVS and 2.8/HEAD in Subversion is a real pain.

If we move I would also argue for a complete move.