So I've dabbling a little bit hooking up some Five view class code Tres gave me so that it actually gets called when viewing the item. It seems to be registered the wrong way somehow and I'm getting this traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.Five.browser.metaconfigure, line 458, in __call__
AttributeError: index

What I have done so far is this:

- In CMFDefault/configure.zcml I include the "browser" package
- In CMFDefault/browser/configure.zcml I have the following:

  <five:traversable class="Products.CMFDefault.Link.Link" />

  <browser:view
      for="Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.ILink"
      name="link_view"
      class=".linkviews.LinkDisplayView"
      permission="zope2.View"

    <browser:page name="index.html"  template="content_view.pt" />

  </browser:view>

The module linkviews.py contains the code from Tres. content_view.pt is a page template modelled on the standard CMF link_view.pt.

From digging in Five/browser/metaconfigure.py the browser:page tag should have triggered code that inserts the name "index" on the view class. But apparently it didn't :(

Oh, by the way, I have never worked with Five or Zope 3 views before ;)