Rob Miller wrote:
[..]
to be fair, AT's (un)indexing code is a mess... i tried to change the BaseFolderMixin manage_(after|before)* methods so they explicitly call the PortalFolder implementations and was still ending up w/ subobject orphans left in the catalog after container deletions. ideally, this would provide us an opportunity to push the CatalogMultiplex functionality down into the CMF core and clean up the indexing mess on the Plone side a bit. and in a perfect world, we'd defer the actual (un)indexing until the end of the transaction. those changes might be too much to try to get into CMF 1.6, however...

Isn't that a perfect reason to throw this away entirely and to move to
(container) event based indexing? Isn't that what Florent is proposing
as well?

http://blogs.nuxeo.com/sections/blogs/florent_guillaume/2005_11_08_events-in-zope-2-9

Raphael

in any event, i'll see if i can get some help on the plone side straightening out the indexing spaghetti. we can't just start using the new code, however, w/o serious breakage. :-(.

-r