Am 23.06.2007 um 12:07 schrieb Alexander Limi:

I'd like this one to return False, not some floor value. I understand that the official CamelCase accessors always return strings (which is fine), but I don't see why "effective()" can't give a False value. Is this just historical, or is there a real reason for it?

I suspect it is historical but I don't think it should return a boolean because that would have even weirder side-effects. If it returns a __FLOOR_DATE then you can easily write your own comparison to create a boolean.

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360