Hi,

one of my sites has (hopefully) started behaving funny. I have a formlib driven contact form that is rejecting any input that is not ascii as part of the validation step of the form:

UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

I may have got this wrong but I thought inputs into forms could be considered as unicode and we only had to worry about them when storing them in case they were being accessed by non-unicode-aware code.

What's really puzzling is that I have almost identical forms on other sites that don't exhibit this behaviour which makes me think it must be a configuration error such as the default encoding which is set to utf-8 for this site.

Any ideas?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark