Am 30.11.2012, 18:14 Uhr, schrieb Patrick Gerken <patrick.ger...@computer.org>:

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your patience in attempting to help me on this!

I don't understand why you see no difference in the stacktrace, but a
difference with pdb in the end. Doesn't one instance show that the input is a string and the other that its unicode?

Let me explain: in pdb I have access to request.form which is where I can see the difference. With Sentry I can only see the raw body of the request. I may simply have not understood well enough how to use it to inspect what's happening.

I raise an exception in both cases in the forms' validate method.

Do you see this until you extract it first from the request object?

You are not having one form saying fieldname:string and the other just
fieldname?

No, they are all zope.formlib/zope.schema fields so there is no additional marshalling.

Charlie
Kronenstr. 27a
Düsseldorf