> Eek! ZpsycopgDA is GPL'd! Does that mean you've put your version of
> DCOracle under GPL?
> But that aside I am not sure it is the best implementation of
> connection pooling out there.
I don't want to reinvent the whell and create own
pool management so I searched a bit and found
something interesting.
What do you think about SQLAlchemy? It has is nice (I think)
pool implementation, which may be used separately. See:

I'm especially interested in licensing.
SQLAlchemy is on MIT license, so I think if it will be
possible to use SQLAlchemy pool implementation then
then this DCOracle2 version may be ZPL. Am I right?

I did very first attempt to use this with my version of DCOracle2
and so far I am able to connect to Oracle from Zope and do
some queries with SQLAlchemy QueuePool in use.

If somebody wants to take a look then SQLAlchemized
version, with some code from ChrisW branch
(reconnect after connection is broken) is now at:

In general all this code is considered 'under developement'. There
is nothing in tags/ yet.

Maciej Wisniowski