Just a little information about project status.

I did some more work with pooling. I've implemented SQLAlchemy pooling
into DCOracle2 and it works nice, although I'm thinking about
own pooling.

Details are in CHANGELOG. In short:

- DCOracle2 now uses connections pool from SQLAlchemy (in fact it is a
pool of resource managers)

- DCOracle2 now reconnects after database failure (ZPublisher Retries -
based on ChrisW code)

- Stored procedures are simplified, fixed and they're no longer resource
managers itself

- path to DCOracle2 (dco2.p from Klaus Martin Happle) included

- docs updated a bit

- DCOracle2 is not using volatile attributes at all

Issues:
DCOracle2 is not working on x86_64 architecture (causes segfaults).
I'm looking for solution but it is possibly necessary to dig into C
code so any help apreciatted here

Still no new tests but I made a progress and at last executed
present test cases :)

Current version is available from subversion repository:
svn checkout
https://dcoracle2da.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.0RC2 DCOracle2

I've also put a little fix in handling DateTimes
lower than 1901 (ugly thing)...

I'm also wondering about possibility to use REQUEST object to store
connection object taken from pool thorough the request. I mean something
like:
1. get connection from the pool and mark as used
2. bind connection into REQUEST object (maybe just weakref)
3. every subsequent call will get object form request instead
of creating a thread lock etc.

Any thoughts about DateTime and/or REQUEST?

BTW. Possibly I'll be able to commit the code into Zope repositories
soon.

--
Maciej Wisniowski