Am 26.03.2007, 22:31 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

That's *exactly* what I am talking about - an *additional* generic DA
on top of SA  where we don't have to care about the different RDBMS
flavours - at least not the ones directly supported through SA.

I'm all for an SQLAlchemy DA (does SQLAlchemy support anything other than PostgreSQL?) and this would help people move from Zope 2 to Zope 3 but it *cannot* replace the other DA's because of the imperfect nature of SQL and the even less perfect nature of RDBMs. :-/

Furthermore, there are many occasions where you want the kind of direct access to a relation you get with the existing DA's.

Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...

:::: Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows,Linux,Solaris,MacOSX for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48