Is there any evidence of any sort of relationship between the broken pipe
error and the hang? Do they happen at the same time? Or do they have no
discernable relationship with one another? How about memory utilization?
Is the process leaking memory?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Scholz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Chris McDonough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Christian Scholz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Tino Wildenhain"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] another Zope hanging..
> Just FYI: The server still hangs once a day and another one is doing
> the same..
> It even does this when simply accessing one page or image over and over
> More precisely I've started the server and did
> ab -n 100000 -c 10 http://foo.bar/we/pics/someimg.gif
> (ab being the apache benchmarking utility)
> and after a while I get the broken pipe error.
> I've also changed my python version to 2.0 and tested it with this
> but still the same effect. Also changing the server (and thus
> hardware and system) did not help it.
> I've also removed the mysqlda from the zope installation but also this
> did not help..
> I will try now to create the smallest version of the site that still
> Dunno if anybody has some idea, I actually have none..
> I'll keep you informed..
> -- christian
> PS: strangely it works on the development server but also here I am doing
> some tests with ab right now.. and this one is still 1.5.2
> On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 02:16:30PM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> > > Well, my problem might be that in my case most sql statement are done
> > inside
> > > some attribute provider of ZPatterns.. This is using ZSQL methods
> > internally
> > > but actually those then won't show up I guess..
> > Even if you weren't using ZPatterns, the error probably wouldn't jump
> > and say "here I am!" So I don't think there's much difference between
> > ZPatterns and not using ZPatterns. The process of detecting when
> > hangs is just like any other troubleshooting process, it's a matter of
> > exclusion. If you notice that the request named "foobargorf/fleafang"
> > *always* hangs, you investigate what it does, and try to reproduce it.
> > it's incidental, so be it, and move on to the next theory.
> > >
> > > I've also seen that some more recent version of the mysql stuff is
> > > and I am using this now..
> > >
> > > The problem's also that I just have a few methods to invoke from the
> > outside
> > > which do lots of things by calling other object. Thus I might not
> > see
> > > what's really causing the problem.. I hope though that my upgrade will
> > show some
> > > benefit..
> > The -M log perhaps won't show you the actual operation that's causing
> > hang, but it will show you the entry point into a routine which causes
> > hang. It's your job from there to track down the cause. This is just
> > debugging a program. You get an error somewhere, and you need to track
> > back to its root, which may be six levels up the call stack buried in
> > godforsaken regex. ;-)
> COM.lounge http://comlounge.net/
> communication & design [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -