Tim Peters wrote:
I'd actually recommend skipping 2.2 and going straight to 2.3 -- 2.3 is
basically 2.2 + 16 months of bugfixes and speedups, a very solid release.
It will create more problems for Zope because 2.3 starts complaining about
more deprecated practices that 2.2.3 still lets slide, but they should be
minor problems at worst.  There are deeper benefits too.  For example, the
experimental ZODB3 3.3 alpha release requires Python 2.3; because of a
new-style class bug that still exists in Python 2.2.3, it's not at all
trivial to get ZODB 3.3 to work with Python 2.2.3.  I'd dearly love to skip
that pointlessly time-consuming exercise.