Paul Winkler wrote:
On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:35:58PM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:

They are probably in the ZCatalog. Remove all metadata fields you can. If you have index dates, use DateTimeIndexes rather than the standard indexes.

Hmm. ZCatalog provides a DateIndex, is this what you mean?
Googling for DateTimeIndex & zope turns up exactly two results, in German which I can't read. (the google-supplied translations are
pretty much gibberish.)

Yes, I meant DateIndex.

Hmmm again: I notice that out-of-the-box, CMF Default's portal_catalog
uses the following:

Date            FieldIndex
created         FieldIndex
effective       FieldIndex
expires         FieldIndex
modified        FieldIndex

Why are these FieldIndex rather than DateTime index?

No one has corrected them, probably out of fear that something might break.