On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:35:58PM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> They are probably in the ZCatalog.  Remove all metadata fields you can.
>  If you have index dates, use DateTimeIndexes rather than the standard

Hmm. ZCatalog provides a DateIndex, is this what you mean?
Googling for DateTimeIndex & zope turns up exactly two results, in
German which I can't read. (the google-supplied translations are
pretty much gibberish.)

Hmmm again: I notice that out-of-the-box, CMF Default's portal_catalog
uses the following:

Date            FieldIndex
created         FieldIndex
effective       FieldIndex
expires         FieldIndex
modified        FieldIndex

Why are these FieldIndex rather than DateTime index?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com