Thanks again for the reply Dieter,

On 6 Feb 2004, at 21:14, Dieter Maurer wrote:

"REQUEST.RESPONSE" is set up in
"ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_handler.continue_request".
It should be impossible that is is "None".

Agreed.

Maybe, we have a memory corruption.
I have seen objects magically becoming "None" in
Python versions with memory corruption problems (Python 2.1.1).

--
Dieter

Could be memory perhaps, but this is python2.3.3.

Christian Heimes wrote:
[...]

And the next one:

Python2.3.3/Zope2.70rc2/Plone2rc5.

Exception Type
AttributeError
Exception Value
'str' object has no attribute 'RESPONSE'

[...]
Module Products.CMFPhoto.Photo, line 510, in clearCache
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'RESPONSE'

The relevant code line is self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader(). The error
occured at object creation.

Something really bad is going on!

Christian

The problem I'm having is that these are all stock Zope products from a Zope2.7.0rc2 release. The traceback is coming from the Zope core.

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 320, in
__render_with_namespace__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
  Module App.special_dtml, line 175, in _exec
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
   - __traceback_info__: RESPONSE
  Module <string>, line 0, in ?
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setHeader'

This also seems different from what Christian is reporting;

Exception Type AttributeError Exception Value 'str' object has no attribute 'RESPONSE'

[...]
Module Products.CMFPhoto.Photo, line 510, in clearCache
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'RESPONSE'

The relevant code line is self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader(). The error
occured at object creation.

Something really bad is going on!

So, I'm still baffled by this.

Many thanks to all those providing more data points. I *think* this is a 'Zope' thing and not a 'Tone' thing, but I've been wrong in that area before ;)

cheers
tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald, Asst Director, FMSC. 0191 245 4223
Project Manager, FDTL-4 ePortfolios http://www.eportfolios.ac.uk/