I am using ZsapdbDA with SAPDB (now MaxDB) and have run into problems when Zope
has more than one thread.

The folks at SAP suggest that there should be one database connection per thread,
than sharing one connection across threads.

I haven't yet looked at the Zsapdb source, but I think it has only one connection for

Is there a document somewhere that explains how to make variables "thread private" in
Zope? I vaguely recall something about one cache per thread, or that variables are
only shared unless updated by a thread, and then they're copied.. This is probably
wrong, but obviously I just don't understand how data and threading works in Zope.

So, I'm looking for a document that explains this clearly. How to have data that is
not shared
between threads (perhaps a kind of connection pool thingy).

Also, I have other projects where I really want to have just one object of it's kind
no matter
how many threads. For example, gvibDA uses Thunked_TM for this, but that doesn't
work with ZSQLDA because I've seen that multiple connect calls are made, even with the

Is there a "Zen Of" document about this somewhere?

Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements