Andreas Jung wrote:

how severe is the problem that you have fixed? According to some
rumors the fix seems to break applications. The question for Zope
2.7.3 final is: is the problem severe enough to have it fixed for
2.7.3 with the risk of causing trouble with broken applications or can we defer the fix to Zope 2.8?

-1.

I have yet to get a reproducible test case (one which breaks on 2.7-head but works on 2.7.2) from the examples folks have supplied. The bug which I was fixing is a security issue, reported against CMF, but also affecting Zope: http://zope.org/Collectors/CMF/259

Given that the change was required to implement a security fix, and without a reproducible test case for the reported breakage, I don't think we can credit the rumors. We *definitely* don't want to defer the security fix.

I will ask Jim to review this with me today.

Tres.