Lennart Regebro wrote:
On 11/4/05, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Having said that, I don't really like the configure/make farce myself.

We aren't running the real configure.  We aren't really using make.
We're just using make as a wrapper around setup.py.

I'd be happy to get rid of it.  I'm also happy to defer to the vocal
majority.  Maybe it's worth revisiting this, which is why the provocative
subject. :)

I read through this post and I don't grok what the suggested alternative is.

Use the standard Python mechanism for installing things, for example, in
a checkout:

  python setup.py build_ext -i