> I wasn't arguing that configure/make was hard to use.  I'm arguing
> that it's something extra to maintain and is just silly.
> It's main benefit is that it leverages a familiar pattern, but
> I'm not convinced that it's worth it. Also, as tools like rpm and
> deb become more widely used, I'm not sure how familar the configure/make
> dance is.  Other than Python and Zope, I never use configure/make anymore.

My experience is that .rpm and .deb packages are poorly maintained, so
if someone is serious about using Zope and related products, downloading
and installing from source is the only way to go.

We also have tools internally that depend on the configure/make dance,
and I'm sure others who put up a lot of Zope instances do as well..  :)

fn:Morten Petersen
org:Nidelven IT
adr:;;Postboks 923;Trondheim;;7409;Norway
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Project Manager
tel;work:+47 45 44 00 69
tel;cell:+47 45 44 00 69