Hi Philipp!

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
yuppie wrote:
And CMF uses zope.app.locales.extract. Not in the CMF products, but for
a script that extracts i18n messages. That script is a quick hack and
zope.app.locales.extract isn't really made for reuse. But it contains
some useful code.

You're quite right. We should probably just move the whole
zope.app.locales package. Perhaps to zope.translations?

Perhaps it would also make sense to put the extractor and the ZCML
directive handler for i18n:registerTranslations into zope.i18n and have
zope.translations just contain the gettext files.

Sounds good to me. At least if someone finds time to refactor the extractor. For now it is quite specific code for creating the zope gettext files and would better fit in zope.translations.

Cheers,

        Yuppie