Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
we don't really want to ship all of zope.app with Zope 2. zope.app is
supposed to be the Zope 3 application server. It shouldn't be included
in Zope 2, especially since it requires twisted and such.

I'm worried about this approach, as it stops the Five project from exposing more Zope 3 functionality into Zope 2 directly, instead having to wait for a new release of Zope 2 that includes the missing bits.

I'd therefore recommend an approach that includes as much of zope.app into Zope 2 as is possible, while leaving out the obvious bits that shouldn't be there, like Twisted.

Regards,

Martijn