Just to sketch out my general points to be clear:
* I'm fine with a Zope 3 project that moves things from zope.app into zope.
* I'm also fine with Zope 2 usage guiding which things should be moved
* I'm not fine with a Zope 2 shipping with only parts of the
library-like functionality of Zope 3. I think the Five project, along
with Five users, should continue to have the ability to expose bits of
Zope 3, no matter where they happen to be residing (zope or zope.app),
into Zope 2.
* I don't see why shipping zope.app (as long as it exists) with Zope 2
is a problem. It doesn't hurt except for taking up a bit more of cheap
* You could argue for removing those bits of zope.app that really have
nothing to do with Zope 2, but I'd still be careful here. Someone might
*want* to work on a new publisher for Zope 2 that uses Twisted, using
bits of Zope 3 that integrate with Twisted, and why make life more
difficult for them?
* if you do not ship zope.app with Zope 2 anymore, the usage by Zope 2
will stop being a guide for which things to move from zope.app into zope
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -