On 15 Jun 2006, at 16:09, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Chris McDonough wrote:
People will get sick of seeing the warnings, and they'll
eventually change it, but there's just no reason to *force* them to
change it on our time schedule. And if they don't, who cares? People
who don't want to see the warnings can filter them out.

I'm also for reducing duplication, but only to the point that it does
not large amounts of break running code.  We have yet to see what the
real fallout of changing to the Z3 ZPT implementation is. It may be a
pure win, but I wouldn't declare victory just yet, at least until we
have some empirical evidence that it doesn't break large existing
codebases.

Oh, I absolutely agree. Zope 2.10 will need strong testing mostly
because the ZPT implementation. This was a pretty major change, the few heavy discussions we had so far already are good evidence of that (e.g.
the one on empty path expressions). Given all that, it's still a thing
we wanted to do and are happy to do. I agree, we can't declare victory
on the whole war yet, but at least on a few battles... :)

FWIW the CPS 4 trunk (in development for now) works fine with the new zpt implementation, provided you use only unicode everywhere, which we do.

Thanks Philip for the move to z3 zpt!

Florent