Andreas Jung wrote at 2007-8-25 17:47 +0200:
> ... emulate "DateTime" (implicitely) by "datatime" ...
>Before digging deeper I would like to hear some opinions if this seems a
>reasonable approach? Unlikely that we can achieve 100% backward
>compatibility but possibly 99%....thoughts...comments?

I would prefer a more explicit approach :-)

  Make Python's "datatime" available in addition to "DateTime" and
  provide conversion functions between the two.

The lots of problems related to "DateTime" show that date handling is
difficult. These difficulties make it not unlikely that the proposed
emulation will have difficulties, too.