Am 22.09.2007 um 07:59 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

My current ideas towards a solution:

We define a package prefix for Zope2 products, e.g. "zope2.products".
  Zope2 products are published to PyPI as "<prefix>.<productname>".

Searching for "Products" at PyPi results in a longer list. So I think a namespace is already present.

We extend the Zope2 configuration with an option "additional- products"
  which lists the products used by the instance that are not
  at a standard place -- such as those installed by "setuptools"

There is a directive in zope.conf to add additional directories to the products namespace.

To add downloaded eggs to an instance one can set them in the PYTHONPATH environment variable. Buildout does it in the "./bin/ ctrlsrcipts"

These are only hints, because I also have severe difficulties to put all these things together. One point I do not understand is, how to build eggs from src checkouts in one buildout for zope2 without downloading all dependencies as eggs (which are also part of the main zope install)

Is there actually a list, where buildout questions can be asked?

With regards,

Janko Hauser  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              mobile: +49 1721 641552