--On 22. September 2007 13:14:45 +0200 Janko Hauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Am 22.09.2007 um 07:59 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

My current ideas towards a solution:

  We define a package prefix for Zope2 products, e.g.
"zope2.products".
  Zope2 products are published to PyPI as "<prefix>.<productname>".

Searching for "Products" at PyPi results in a longer list. So I think a
namespace is already present.

  We extend the Zope2 configuration with an option "additional-
products"
  which lists the products used by the instance that are not
  at a standard place -- such as those installed by "setuptools"

There is a directive in zope.conf to add additional directories to the
products namespace.

To add downloaded eggs to an instance one can set them in the PYTHONPATH
environment variable. Buildout does it in the "./bin/ctrlsrcipts"

These are only hints, because I also have severe difficulties to put all
these things together. One point I do not understand is, how to build
eggs from src checkouts in one buildout for zope2 without downloading all
dependencies as eggs (which are also part of the main zope install)

I think there are currently several approaches doing products-as-eggs in the Zope 2 world - I also lost track a bit and have no idea how to do it the right way[tm].

Is there actually a list, where buildout questions can be asked?

There are discussions from time to time on the distutils-sig list.

-aj