Chris Withers wrote:
I know we have security proxies nowadays and I'm hoping these have made
things much more efficient that the old Zope 2 way of doing things
(anyone have any ideas on this?) but is there still a way of running a
piece of python in an environment where imports are controlled and
"dangerous" builtins (ie: ones that would allow you to circumvent the
security policy) are restricted?

Okay, I see two potentially interesting things:

Are either of these still in use/maintained?