Chris Withers wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking to get RestrictedPython working in Python 2.5.
Has any work been done on this so far?

My first question is about the "right" way to get a checkout that I can develop in now. In years gone by, I would have created a branch of the whole of zope 3, checked it out and then started work.

Since eggification, I'm not sure what to do...
What I was planning on doing was creating a branch of RestrictedPython, checking that out and then manually checking out any dependencies from svn. Is there a "better" way to do this with easy_install or some such?

$ svn co $z/RestrictedPython/trunk RestrictedPython   (or a branch)
$ cd RestrictedPython
$ /your/development/python
$ bin/buildout

$ bin/test

($z refers to svn+ssh:// on my system)

Note that this procedure is the canonical one for all packages maintained in nowadays.